The Davis Medical Center's Cardiac Rehab Center, is located inside the Davis Wellness Institute on the 2nd floor of the Outpatient Center at 812 Gorman Avenue on the DMC Campus. Cardiac Rehab provides rehabilitation and education about heart-healthy activity and lifestyle choices for post-surgical and post-myocardial infarction patients.
What can you expect?
- 36 sessions (3 sessions each week over the course of 12 weeks).
- Each session is 45-60 minutes long and is supervised by Cardiac Rehab Center staff.
- Progress and findings are sent to the patients' cardiologist.
- A structured, yet comfortable, program.
How will it help you?
- Return to normal daily activities more quickly.
- Prevent other risk factors.
- Improve chances of controlling heart disease for years to come.
- Develop safe exercise patterns.
- Learn valuable information about diet, nutrition, and many other lifestyle behaviors that contribute to a healthier life.
A physician referral is required for both the Cardiology Clinic and the Cardiac Rehab Center. Patients may receive referrals from their cardiologist or their primary care physician.