- Surgical Services - provide support for the Day Surgery Staff by making charts, helping with patient discharges, hosting the surgical waiting room and providing support for patient families by acting as a liaison between families and hospital staff.
- The Gift Garden Gift Shop - assisting customers in the DMC Auxiliary owned gift shop, stocking and pricing items, and delivering flowers.
- Health Information - providing clerical support for various departments, scanning documents, filing, and creating information packets.
- Welcome Desk - greeting visitors, providing Pathfinding services, delivering newspapers to patients and visitors, operating the juice/coffee courtesy cart in public waiting areas, delivering flowers/cards/gifts to patients and hospital staff.
- Nutrition Services - providing support for the kitchen staff by stocking products, cleaning tables and making deliveries.
- Outpatient Information Desk - greeting visitors, issuing patient numbers, providing Pathfinding services, assisting patients with wheelchairs, sanitizing toys in waiting area, and straightening lobby areas.
- Cancer Care Center - providing assistance to the Cancer Center staff by answering the phones, filing, and providing support to the patients while they receive treatment.
- Materials Management - assist in stocking products, filling and delivering orders throughout the hospital.
- Chaplain Services - ordained or licensed ministers who provided spiritual support for our patients, visitors and staff scheduled to visit patients and answer emergency calls.
- HomePlus - provide assistance at our retail location in stocking, pricing, and providing customer service.
- Imagination Library Volunteer - educating new parents about importance of reading to children, registering families in our Birthing Center for enrollment in Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, reporting to DMC Auxiliary on project monthly and at auxiliary meetings.
- Davis House Volunteer - volunteer visits with the residents of the Davis House in the evenings.
- At Home Volunteering - clipping newspaper articles for Marketing, knitting Prayer Shawls for Cancer patients, writing notes of encouragement to patients, various sewing projects.
- Blood Drive Volunteer - assist the Red Cross with registrations and snacks for donors 3 to 4 times per year at the hospital blood drives.
For more information on adult and junior volunteering or the DMH Auxiliary, please call 304.637.3896 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.