PLEASE NOTE: The overwhelming response to the DMC volunteer Cuddler Program demonstrates the caring nature of the community we live in. We appreciate the interest of so many, and in fact, have currently filled all volunteer positions for the program. We will reach out to our community when new opportunities for Newborn Cuddling arise. Again, thank you for your support of Davis Medical Center’s most precious patients.
- Surgical Services - provide support for the Day Surgery Staff by making charts, helping with patient discharges, hosting the surgical waiting room and providing support for patient families by acting as a liaison between families and hospital staff.
- The Gift Garden Gift Shop - assisting customers in the DMC Auxiliary owned gift shop, stocking and pricing items, and delivering flowers.
- Office Support - providing clerical support for various departments, scanning documents, filing, and creating information packets.
- Welcome Desk - greeting visitors, providing Pathfinding services, delivering newspapers to patients and visitors, operating the juice/coffee courtesy cart in public waiting areas, delivering flowers/cards/gifts to patients and hospital staff.
- Newborn Nursery Cuddler – assist in the birthing center- cuddling babies (shifts are 4 hours each as needed)
- Outpatient Information Desk – greeting visitors, issuing patient numbers, providing Pathfinding services, assisting patients with wheelchairs, sanitizing toys in waiting area, and straightening lobby areas.
- Cancer Care Center - providing assistance to the Cancer Center staff by answering the phones, filing, and providing support to the patients while they receive treatment.
- Chaplain Services - ordained or licensed ministers who provided spiritual support for our patients, visitors and staff scheduled to visit patients and answer emergency calls.
- Imagination Library Volunteer - educating new parents about importance of reading to children, registering families in our Birthing Center for enrollment in Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Davis House Volunteer - volunteer visits with the residents of the Davis House in the evenings.
- At Home Volunteering - clipping newspaper articles for marketing, knitting Prayer Shawls for Cancer patients, writing notes of encouragement to patients, various sewing projects.
- In-patient Care Areas Volunteer – Providing comfort rounding and assisting with answering call lights for our in-patients. Shifts are available in the evenings and on weekends.
- Blood Drive Volunteers – assists with registration of donors and handing out snacks (1-2 times per year)
For more information on adult and junior volunteering or the DMH Auxiliary, please call 304.637.3896 or e-mail email@example.com.