Patient and Family Advisory Council
Healthcare is moving toward patient- and family-centered care and Davis Medical Center (DMC) believes it is important for healthcare providers to listen and act on what the patient and their family members have to say about their care, its delivery and its design.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is a committee focused on improving the patient experience and the quality of care at the medical center. On a regular basis, a team of health care providers, former patients and family members gather together to exchange ideas on how to build a better relationships between patient, family members and providers.
Patient and Family Advisory Council Members must:
- Have personal patient experience at DMC or acted as a caregiver to a DMC patient
- Generalize personal experience to provide general feedback on overall patient experience
- Time to commit to regualr meeting attendance
- Be able to work in a collaborative environment
- Be an active listener
- Possess clear, tactful communication skills
- Show concern for more than one issue
The volunteer committee will consist of health care providers, former hospital patients and family members, and frontline staff. They will meet monthly.
How to Become a Member of PFAC
Download, complete and return the application to: Davis Medical Center, ATTN: Arvela Koerner, BSN, RN, ACM, 812 Gorman Ave, Elkins, WV 26241.
Applications must be completed and returned on or before September 15, 2017. More information is available by calling Arvela Koerner at 304.637.3773 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.