Accreditation and Awards
The Joint Commission
The following Davis Health System facilities are accredited by The Joint Commission:
- Davis Medical Center
- Davis Medical Center Laboratory
- Cancer Care Center
- Women’s HealthCare
- Direct Care of Parsons
- DMC Cardiac Rehabilitation Center
- Better Sleep Center
- Pain Management Clinic
Davis Medical Center
According to NRHA, Davis Medical Center outperformed numerous rural hospitals nationwide in an evaluation done by the Chartis Center for Rural Health using iVantage Health Analytics. Hospitals were analyzed in eight areas: inpatient market share, outpatient market share, quality, outcomes, patient perspective, cost, charge and financial stability.
Cancer Care Center
The Cancer Care Center is accredited by the National Commission on Cancer with 8 commendations granted during our first survey and is the 12th Cancer Center in WV to receive this prestigious recognition. The Cancer Care Center was additionally granted the Outstanding Achievement Award during its first survey, based on the number of commendations.
DMC Radiology Mammography Unit
DMC Radiology Mammography Unit is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
DMC Cardiac Rehabilitation Center
DMC Cardiac Rehabilitation Center has earned accreditation by the (AACVPR) American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Davis Medical Center Endoscopy Unit
The DMC Endoscopy Unit received a Certificate of Recognition from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy as part of its program specifically dedicated to promoting quality in endoscopy. DMC is only 1 of 46 hospitals in the country to receive this recognition and the only hospital in West Virginia.
Davis Medical Center: American Diabetes Association Education Recognition
The Davis Medical Center’s Lifeskills Diabetes Education Program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association as a certified education program since 1999. The program promotes quality education for persons with diabetes and is recognition available for programs that provide outpatient education and are currently billing Medicare for services. Our program successfully passed recertification in 2014. This recognition is good for 4 years, with our next recertification period being 2018.
Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- Health Center Pharmacy
- Community Care Pharmacy
- HomePlus DME
- HomePlus Home Health
Other Quality Programs/Awards
2016 West Virginia Hospital Association Commitment to Excellence Gold Honors Award
2012, 2014, 2015 : The West Virginia Governor’s Award for Life - for Outstanding Support of Tissue and Corneal Donation
2015 West Virginia Donate Life Hospital Challenge- Platinum Level Award Winner
2015 National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign Gold Recognition Award
2016 Get With the Guidelines Gold Award for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
2015 Get With the Guidelines Gold Award for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
2014 Get With the Guidelines Gold Award for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
2013 Get With the Guidelines Bronze Award for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
2013 PRC Healthcare Excellence Award- Dr. Amanda Pennington Pediatric Practice
Davis Health System voluntarily participates in numerous state and national programs that monitor and report on healthcare quality, including:
- CMS Hospital Quality Initiative
- The Joint Commission Quality Reporting
- American Heart Association- Get With the Guidelines Program for Resuscitation
- West Virginia Tobacco-Free Hospital Initiative
- Midas Event Reporting
- AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture
- Regional Training Center for the American Heart Association
- American Hospital Association and Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) Hospital Engagement Network: Partnership for Patients Initiative
- National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI)
- NICHE –Nurses Improving Care of Healthsystem Elders
- West Virginia Hospital Association Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative
- Mandatory Employee Influenza Program
- Use and Prescribing of Opioids in Emergency Department Initiative
- Human Physician Quality Practice Award for Flu Vaccinations
“Mothers and Newborns” Quality Initiatives Recognized
Davis Medical Center (DMC) Family Birthing Center received three honors for their successful participation in West Virginia Perinatal Partnership initiatives, including:
- The Kangaroo Care Initiative which improves breastfeeding rates and the health of mothers and babies by encouraging infants and mothers to be skin-to-skin immediately following delivery.
- The Partnership for OB Safety and Harm Reduction which is an interdisciplinary simulation and quality improvement initiative.
- The First Baby Initiative which recognizes teams for achieving a 5% or less induction rate of first time mothers under 39 weeks gestation.
To contact Davis Health System's management to report concerns about patient safety and quality of care please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 304.636.3300. To contact The Joint Commission to report concerns about patient safety and quality care please call 630-792-5800, or click the link below.